August 20, 2014
Feminism, Secularism, and other marriage-bashing social theories are little more than complex contrivances designed to offer men and women an excuse for abandoning the needs of children and family.
Feminist theory holds that marriage between a man and a woman is, by its very nature, sexist because it is the proclivity of men to dominate and oppress women. This is, of course, a myth. Feminism, Secularism, and other marriage-bashing social theories are little more than complex contrivances designed to offer men and women an excuse for abandoning the needs of children and family, in favor of their own fleeting appetites. But it’s more sinister than screwy priorities.
Feminists, not content to wallow in their own victim-hood, launch continuous assaults against the traditions of courtship, marriage between men and women, and the nuclear family. One of their most insidious of these doctrines says domestic violence is an inevitable component of traditional marriage, and that the most dangerous place on earth for a woman is at home with her husband. Examples of this kind of thinking can be found in feminist publications, Facebook pages, and American universities. Though ambiguous, the term “intimate partner” is used mostly in reference to male partners, specifically husbands.
The intended message is that marriage is a flawed social construct and that violence is inherent to male/female relationships. Despite errors in the logic of this narrative, it makes up a cornerstone of modern feminist theory, and provides fodder to the Left to further discredit men’s roles and the nuclear family.
As if marriage and family aren’t big enough targets for feminist extremists, domestic violence is used to promote a gun control agenda as well. Men and guns of themselves are evil, but a man with a gun spells doom for a woman, or so the story goes.
Although it takes a canon of Feminist myths to smear traditional marriage and nuclear family, it only takes a few facts to discredit these odious feminist myths.
- Myth: Husbands are responsible for most domestic violence against women.
- Truth: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics report of 2000, the highest incidence of domestic violence took place between divorced spouses, the second highest was among cohabitating couples who had never been married, with the incidence of violence between married couples comprised a small fraction of that found among the other categories. In other words, couples who are married have less than 10% of the incidence of domestic violence of cohabitating or divorced/separated couples. Read more here.
- Myth: Marriage sets the stage for greater domestic violence because men regard women and children as property.
- Truth: Marriage provides women and children greater respect and a safer home environment. As indicated previously, domestic violence between married couples is rare in comparison to that of divorced or cohabitating couples, but there is greater respect and protection afforded in the homes of married couples as well. Children are much less likely to abused, and according to a 2010 study on child abuse, children in single-parent families had a 77 % greater risk of physical abuse and an 87 % greater risk of physical neglect than did those in homes with married parents.
- Myth: Domestic tranquility is greater for couples of the same sex than for heterosexual couples.
- Truth: The 2013 CDC study on Interpersonal and Sexual Violence and Sexual Orientation concluded that the highest rates of domestic violence occurred among bisexual women. Incidence of domestic violence for lesbians and homosexual men were above that of heterosexual domestic partners (cohabitating, never married, married). According to the author of the report, “This report suggests that lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in this country suffer a heavy toll of sexual violence and stalking committed by an intimate partner.”
- Myth: The presence of a firearm in the home increases the potential for domestic violence.
- Truth: The CDC 2010 Report on Violence Prevention indicates that guns and knives are the least used means of attack in domestic violence cases, with choking and deliberate burning much more common. The presence of a gun in the home of a lawful gun owner does not make domestic violence of any sort more likely. The FBI 2011 Report on Violent Crime in the United States showed a correlation between dropping rates of violence and increased gun ownership in America over the last decade. Finally, the CATO Institute has issued repeated studies showing a correlations between greater gun ownership and lower overall rates of violence. Spouse on spouse violence which employs a firearm is rare, and its clear that any potential victim of violence, whether it be domestic or stranger violence, enjoys better odds if they own and know how to properly use a legal firearm.
Debunking Feminist myths is a permanent job. Once a particular false narrative is exploded with logic and facts Angry Socialist Women of the Left will find another rationale to bash men and the family. In their very approach, Feminists prove themselves to be anything but pro-woman. Thousands of years of history, tradition, and religious observance have given us an excellent model for human civilization based on family, with a man and woman at the head who work to rear the next generation within a moral framework. If Feminists stood for the well-being of women, they would acknowledge that women, men, and children are most benefited by the wedding covenant, and that it offers great personal fulfillment for women who choose the path of marriage and motherhood.
Imperfect as men and women may be, they need one another, and without them, the next generation will not be.
by Marjorie Haun 8/20/14
August 18, 2014
This Alien brute has a tendency to Occupy Outer Space, and will wreak unbelievable havoc and destruction where ever it goes.
Good luck taking a break from the pre-election grappling that has us all brain-numbed and burned-out. The holidays only bring a greater sense of urgency to the battle between dark and light, evil and good, Liberal and Conservative. And the time has come for Americans to make up their squishy minds and back the best candidate in this perpetual bid for the supremacy of the Earth. Who will it be; Alien or Predator?
The vetting process of a lethal organism from an inscrutable hell hole in a far galaxy is imperfect at best, but let’s give it a try!
- The Alien race is matriarchal with a queen as its head who, in the total absence of a biological father, breeds offspring in huge, dank incubation sites, which are the Alien version of overcrowded daycare centers. Once the Aliens colonizes a planet they are very difficult to exterminate. These deadly brutes have a tendency to Occupy Outer Space, and will wreak unbelievable havoc and destruction where ever they go.
- The life cycle of the Alien organism involves a period during which it requires a host to incubate its parasitic offspring. The Alien overtakes, and forcibly lays its egg in the stomach of the host. The offspring feeds off the very life of the host, sucking up everything for itself. At the end of the process, the Alien offspring bursts out of the still-living host. After using the resources of the host, absorbing everything for its own sustenance, the Alien then kills the very thing that has given of itself to support the parasite.
- The Alien is an unpleasant, ill-formed creature, largely unchanged for eons. It eschews technology and relies on primitive and animistic approaches in battling its enemies. It lives in filthy, sprawling colonies, and Alien is small-brained and reactive, skulking about in the shadows and waiting for its unsuspecting prey to walk by.
- Alien has a seemingly endless mouth, with row after row of razor-sharp teeth, and flesh piercing retractable jaws which are fearsome and hideous. A human example of this feature would be Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is purportedly from another far off galaxy as well.
- Predator is a hunter, an organism that uses technology to give itself the edge over its prey. It is skilled in feats of survival and does not depend on others.
- Predator is an expert with weapons, probably a member of the NRA, and enjoys a masterful command of the art of war.
- Predator plans ahead, can predict the actions of its prey and/or its enemies, and understands which approaches work and which fail.
- Predator is self-reliant. It is not parasitic, and when hunting and killing, it is systematic and swift. Predator does not occupy planets which belong to other races, and it leaves quickly after cleaning up its mess.
- Predator is physically fit, has gnarly dreadlocks and a badarse bod.
By Marjorie Haun 8/18/14
August 17, 2014
This article originally published as “The Heritage Foundation’s 33 Minutes – The Most Terrifying Movie of the Year” on Blogcritics.org
For truly frightening cinematic fare you don’t have to go to the movie theater or wait until the wee hours of the morning, just follow your browser to “The Heritage Foundation Presents: 33 Minutes.”
The Heritage Foundation, a privately-funded think tank in Washington, DC, is hardly known for producing horror movies. “33 Minutes” is the unintentional exception to that rule. Produced with the skill and input of numerous experts from the Heritage Foundation, this movie is both chilling and thought provoking.
The opening images of this 60-minute video are from the point of view of a ballistic missile as it screams into the heart of an American city. “33 Minutes” begins its narrative with an historical review of missiles and rocketry; from the modern threats of Iran and North Korea, to the first successful rocket built by Robert Goddard, further back still to the “rockets’ red glare,” of the War of 1812. Interspersed with the narrative are pointed interjections from political figures such as former Attorney General Edwin Meese, and Margaret Thatcher. The Heritage Foundation’s own Dr. James Carafano, an expert on nuclear ballistic missile warfare, makes the heady concepts of missile technology, and the dangers of nuclear proliferation in rogue states, understandable, and fascinating to the average viewer.
The central premise of 33 Minutes is the Constitutional directive to “Provide for the Common Defense.” The movie argues for increasing America’s capability to defend against nuclear, biological, and chemical missile attack with a robust system of preemptive missile defenses. “Providing for the common defense requires anticipating new threat conditions and developing effective counter measures.” Powerful narration such as this is delivered against an artful backdrop of historical images and news flashes. “33 Minutes” is humanized by intermittent “man-on-the-street” commentaries. Most Americans can identify with the bewildered individuals who attempted to answer basic questions about ballistic missiles, the nature of the threats they present, and the present state of America’s defensive shield. The Heritage Foundation produced this frightening movie for the purpose of educating an unconversant public about the terrible dangers posed by intercontinental ballistic missiles.
The movie’s title comes from the estimated time it would take for a ballistic missile launched from any point on the globe, to reach the United States mainland. Dr. Carafano describes the ramifications of a nuclear attack on Manhattan. The devastating, long-term effects of an electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) resulting from a high altitude nuclear burst are detailed. The ugly aftermaths of explosive, biological, and chemical missile attacks are also illustrated. These disquieting scenarios are amplified by the very real possibility that terrorist organizations have, or will have, ballistic missile technology at their disposal.
By this juncture in 33 Minutes, you may be feeling a little anxious. The dangers to the United States are almost innumerable. This, however, is not a horror movie whose protagonist is helpless. The deus ex machina of “33 Minutes” is just that, a machine, or more accurately, cutting-edge technology. In 1983, during the height of Cold War tensions, Ronald Reagan declared an initiative that would place anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defenses into space, where missiles could be shot down before their 33-minute trip was completed. The Strategic Defense Initiative, SDI or “Star Wars,” was the answer to the threat of attack from the Soviet Union at the time. The initiative was supported by the logic that if effective defenses were in place that no enemy would incur the expense of attacking the United States and that, over time, nuclear arsenals would decrease simply because they would lose their strategic importance.
Produced in 2008, the timeline in 33 Minutes, follows the stops and starts, since Reagan, in the development of anti-ballistic weapons technology. By 2008 the technological ability to “hit a spot on a bullet with a bullet,” had been reached. Land and sea-based anti-ballistic defenses were well on their way to becoming functional, though they were imperfect and not fully deployed. The next push would be for space-based Star Wars defenses to be developed. There would then exist a comprehensive array of ABMs that could shoot down entire salvos of missiles before they re-entered Earth’s atmosphere. This would provide the psychological deterrent to nuclear proliferation as well as a physical shield against harm to America.
The man-on-the-street interviewees were asked how much they thought it would cost to fully implement SDI; billions, trillions? In fact, since 1983 100 billion defense dollars have been spent on ballistic missile defenses. That amounts to about 3 1/2 billion per year. In comparison, the cost in damage to Manhattan from the 9/11 attacks cost 83 billion. You can be left a little breathless by the disclosures in 33 Minutes. And one is left to ask, “what price can be put on the survival of the United States, and her millions of souls?”
The Heritage Foundation made “33 Minutes” prior to the election of Barak Obama . In an unfortunate footnote, one of President Obama’s first acts was to cut defense spending. More specifically, he took $1.5 billion out of ABM programs and cut by one-third the number of ground-based missile interceptors in Alaska and California. 33 Minutes, in an ironic twist, had been produced shortly before the United States would become even more vulnerable to ballistic missile attack.
If you want to pass the time with a scary movie this summer, 33 Minutes is your best bet. But just so you are not left feeling like a sitting duck, you can visit the website and see that there are a number of actions you can take to get the message out. The American electorate will be empowered by knowing about our vulnerabilities in a nuclear proliferation world. The answer to this dilemma lies in technology which already exists. With proper funding, political will, and a little time, the unimaginable effects of a ballistic missile attack can be relegated to the realm of the imaginary.
By Marjorie Haun 8/17/14
August 14, 2014
Originally posted on PrepperResources.com on 1/2/14
7 actions to take immediately following an EMP strike
The threat of an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) strike on this country is a very well documented one, I have written about the threat in the past and have used information from the EMP Commission report which was published in 2004 in several of my articles. Most recently I read an article published over on the Economic Collapse Blog which sums up nicely what impact an EMP strike would have on our country.
1- Use your cash. In the first few days after an EMP strike cash will still have value. Take all of your cash and that radio flyer wagon your kids have and walk down to the corner store. Avoid the big retail stores, I suggest finding the corner gas station or local drug store. The owner of the store will no doubt be there, concerned that the items in the store are unprotected during a power outage. Explain to the owner that you are in need of some supplies, can pay cash and do not require change. Tell him/her that you will give them an extra $100 to allow you to “shop” for a few minutes. Load up your wagon with anything you can find to include medication, candy bars, water bottles, pop tarts, lighters, hand sanitizer etc etc. Of course you should be well stocked at home but you might as well get rid of your worthless paper money in exchange for any amount of extra supplies you can get your hands on. In a week (maybe less) most stores will be completely looted so you need to take advantage of this moment.
2- Fill up the tub(s) with water. Hopefully you have a water bob for each bath tub in your home in addition to several other water storage devices and water purification/filtration devices. Remember a down grid means that fresh water will stop flowing to your home very quickly. Fill up your tub as soon as you can, that extra hundred or so gallons could prove invaluable. If you are concerned about the quality of the water remember you can add 8 drops of regular Clorox bleach per gallon to help purify what you have in the tub.
3- Talk to your neighbors. This step is absolutely critical, you have to get out and talk to your close neighbors and explain to them what is going on. They will be in denial for the most part, hopefully you have copies of the EMP report printed off which you can distribute as you go door to door. Explain to them what is going on and that time is critical, let them know a worst case scenario means that there will be no help coming for quite a long time. Additionally mention the following to them.
a. Discuss a neighborhood watch. Tell them that in a few days or weeks things will get dangerous with hungry people roaming the streets. It is essential that you define your neighborhood’s boundaries and set up a neighborhood watch of sorts, assigning people to different shifts.
b. Offer to hold a meeting. Set a time that you will have a meeting at your home, say every day after sunrise in your garage. Tell them they are invited and that every day you will be there passing out information. At first you might not have anyone attend these meetings, in a few days there will be a handful and in a week you might have 50 or more hungry, scared, tired people demanding answers. If you are going to assume the role of a leader, be prepared to do just that.
c. Tell them to use their cash. Much like you should have already done, tell them that their cash will soon be worthless and that they need to get down to the market to spend it. Most people have no cash on hand, so this probably won’t be a real issue.
d. Tell them to inventory their supplies. Most people have 3 to 5 days food on hand in their home. You should mention that they need to start rationing what they have, and taking inventory of everything else.
e. Start identifying those with skills. I wrote about how to organize a survival community as well as what skills will be valuable after T-SHTF in a few recent articles While making the rounds in your neighborhood you should start identifying who has special skills and make note of it. Cops or military personnel could help with security, Doctors have obvious value, and so on and so forth.
4- Start rationing food. Hopefully you have at least a 1 year supply of food for your family, if not more. Start rationing immediately because more than likely you will have to share some of your food with your neighbors. It will be unavoidable, you will need their help to survive as a community and there is absolutely no way that they will starve while watching you and your family live high on the hog. This doesn’t mean that you cannot oversee how some rations are distributed, or seek out other sources of food, but just remember nobody gets through SHTF alone.
5- Hygiene preparations. Consider where you are going to dispose of your human waste, it might be a good time to start digging that pit. Also consider where you will dispose of your trash and if you will bury it or burn it. Remember the trash man won’t be around next Sunday and your toilets will stop flushing very quickly.
6- Listen to your weather radio. Prior to the EMP strike you had a small solar/hand crank weather radio secured in an old microwave in the basement, it still works. You should monitor NOAA Weather Radio frequencies throughout the day in case there is information being published which you can use to stay informed. Maybe the strike only covered 500 square miles and help will be on the way in a week, or maybe there is nothing but static…not a good sign.
7- Consider your own security plan. Despite all of the actions you are taking, trying to help those within your community by reaching out to organize them, realize that not everything goes to plan. There could be dissenters within your neighborhood or those outside of your community who might choose to take advantage of the situation. Looting will become prevalent very quickly and no neighborhood will be immune. Consider your security plan, this is no time to rely on the charity and goodness of mankind. Remain suspicious of all activity and never walk around unarmed. Never allow your family members to venture out alone and remember to stay in after dark. All of that said I would caution against using deadly force unless absolutely necessary. Protect yourself and your family but remember that there will come a time when the power does come back on and people will be held accountable for their actions.
Please read the full article on PrepperResources.com
Posted by Reagangirl.com 8/14/14
August 13, 2014
Protect and Defend the U.S. from EMP Threat
From The Daily Signal, first published August 24, 2011
The United States could find itself in a precarious position much worse than the recent D.C. earthquake if attacked by an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon. An EMP would cause current and voltage surges and burn out the semi-conductor chips of all electronic devices within the line of sight. A single nuclear weapon detonated at a high altitude has the potential to instantly send the United States back to the 19th century. The Heritage Foundation recently devoted one of its public events to this important issue. As James Carafano, Baker Spring, and Richard Weitz argue, despite the EMP Commission’s 2004 and 2008 recommendations, hardly any progress has been made in protecting the country from the consequences of an EMP attack.
A long-range ballistic missile shot from Iran, Russia, China, or North Korea could deliver a nuclear payload to an altitude high enough to cause an EMP blast. Less technologically challenging short-range nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles, launched from vessels such as freighters, tankers, or container ships off U.S. shores, could cause an EMP effect.
The best way to address the EMP threat is to build a robust missile defense system, comprised primarily of Aegis ballistic missile defense capable ships;Aegis Ashore, a land-based missile defense component; and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle capabilities. So far, the Obama Administration’s record is questionable. It has made massive cuts to the U.S. missile defense program and cancelled some of the most promising programs.
An EMP could be inflicted without an organized group behind it. With the right equipment, a lone terrorist could cause a blackout of a city—and he would not even need a nuclear weapon. The EMP effect can also be created during an electromagnetic solar storm—known as a Carrington effect—and could impact the grid the same way as a nuclear weapon.
It is imperative for the United States to prepare for an EMP attack. For about $200 million, the United States can harden the major transformers associated with major metropolitan areas. This relatively minor investment could save millions of American lives.
August 11, 2014
Walid Phares, a Lebanese-born American and one of the worlds foremost scholars of Global Terrorism and Middle Eastern Affairs, just minutes ago posted this on Facebook.
This is a plea for immediate prayers and forthcoming support from the American Military to help the imperiled Iraqi civilians stranded, starving and helpless on Mount Sinjar. This is a plea for a miracle to save our fellow humans in the midst on a holocaust.
Tonight, while we in the peaceful West sleep, hundreds of imperiled innocent babies, women, and men will die from exposure, thirst, hunger, and the brutality of Islamo Fascist radicals under the banner of ISIS.
Posted at 10:48 mountain time, 8/10/2014 by Reagangirl.com