September 23, 2014
Progressivism, with its flawed, illogical tenets which lead to the destruction of individuals and civilizations, is as much a war with God as it is with humanity.
Rachel Carson, whose birthday was memorialized earlier this week in a “Google Doodle” was such an anti-human. She provides the perfect example of how a progressive “feel good” theory leads to human death–sometimes millions of human deaths. Rachel Carson provides our Number One way progressives are anti-human.
- Progressives and their conjoined twins, militant environmentalists, use the “preservation” of nature to promote policies that harm people. Consider Rachel Carson’s non-scientific crusade that resulted in the ban of DDT. Although humans had been exposed to DDT for decades with no documented ill-effects or harm to the environment, and despite the fact that harm to bird species was never conclusively proved, Carson’s hysterical tome, “Silent Spring” emboldened leftist politicians and activists to ban the use of DDT-based pesticides in most of the world. Since the ban, tens of millions of people in undeveloped equatorial countries have died needlessly from mosquito-borne illness. Global warming, endangered species, pollution, genetically-modified products, and other “causes” exemplify how Progressives crush human movement, development, prosperity, hope, and lives using a mixture of bad science and anti-human philosophy.
Eugenics and Abortion
- Vestiges of Eugenics run through modern political theories and the legalization of abortion via Roe vs. Wade in 1973, in many ways, gave eugenicists all they ever wanted, and more. The central motif of the Eugenics Movement was a “healthier” race brought about by elimination of human deficiencies; deficiencies such as mental illness, retardation, physical disabilities, and of course, colored skin. Margaret Sanger took racism to its most lethal heights, and it’s no accident that the majority of Planned Parenthood clinics were–and are–located in minority-dense, inner-cities. Sanger’s racist goal to eliminate substandard elements from humanity, has been borne out in America’s black community where nearly 43% of pregnancies end in the termination of the baby’s life. But beyond the elimination of the “unwanted”, abortion is the religion of Progressives. The penultimate litmus test for political worthiness, abortion trumps all other issues. Militant feminists worship at the altar of abortion, encouraging all woman to participate in its lethal rites. We all know abortion kills the unborn, and is often paired with infanticide, as in the case of Curtis Gosnell. But abortion hurts–is devastating–to women. So-called women’s rights organizations sacrifice women to their abortion god. The personal mental and physical toll women have paid for the “right to abortion” is no less ignored by Progressives and their media minions than is visual and scientific evidence that abortion kills living human beings. But one characteristic of Progressivism is that ideology is supreme, and though lives are destroyed, when it comes to furthering even the most flawed ideas, everyone is expendable.
- Gun control is a lie. Progressives don’t believe in gun control, they want full-out gun confiscation. Law-abiding citizens control their firearms quite well. Why? Because they control their lives, their emotions, and they understand the power and usefulness of guns and when they may be discharged appropriately. But Progressives want to disarm law-abiding gun owners because they pose the first line of defense against tyranny. To Progressives the supremacy of the state takes precedence over the security and liberty of individuals, and so they would disarm gun owners, or punish them into submission, because that is the final path to full state control over every aspect of life in America. The Leftist push for gun control requires submission to the state, and when citizens go unarmed against a tyrannical regime, human life becomes very cheap.
Debt and Big Government
- Economic policies that create debt and suppress economic growth go hand in hand with Progressivism. Keynesian spending policies that burden the nation with debt seep into the bank accounts of earners, and private property becomes subject to perverse Progressive economic theories–theories that never work in practice. When the government can confiscate or control the private property of individuals; earnings, real property, time, investments, land, and future earnings, humans become little more than a means to serve the insatiable maw of a bloated, inefficient, and increasingly unjust government. Progressivism so devalues the lives of individuals, crushing individual dreams, creativity, and sapping the energy out of even the most robust entrepreneurs, that it becomes the very definition of anti-human.
- The most intimate of all possessions, besides our thoughts, are our bodies. Obamacare has turned the American healthcare system inside-out, and in doing so has put control of our most personal decisions into the hands of bureaucrats, algorithms, and death panels. America’s healthcare system became great because of Americanism; the worth of individual life, the fighting spirit, innovation, progress, and excellence. Obamacare and other perverse versions of socialized medicine will soon drive every one of those characteristics out of the healthcare system, leaving a few doctors here and there fighting to maintain excellent, personalized care despite a law that was designed to destroy their autonomy. The elderly, those with chronic ailments and disabilities which require high levels of care, the “least among us” will succumb to the inevitable rationing that comes with government-run healthcare. And it is a matter of time before various forms of killing–other than abortion which is already covered–will become common as part of a long-term healthcare plan. This is our medicine, our bodies, our very lives, that are being extinguished.
- Though created for all the right reasons, the Veterans Administration is guilty of wrongs perpetrated against our veterans because it is a massive, impersonal bureaucracy. Civil servants are not servants of the people, but are bureaucrats served by public sector unions, unparalleled benefits packages, and impossibly complex rules that protect the jobs of even the most corrupt and ineffective workers within the system. The Veteran’s Administration, not unlike virtually all government agencies, is collapsing under the weight of its own corruption; corruption generated by cronyism, systemic cheating and theft, and a focus on job security which I call “employee entitlement myopia.” Veterans have died needlessly and are still languishing because the VA, though well-funded, rewards its employees who most skillfully game the system through cheating and intimidation. The VA is in collapse, and the care of those who most deserve the help of the government they served, has been sacrificed while ineffective, incompetence, corrupt bureaucrats have gotten away, literally, with murder.
Moral and Military Weakness
- Obama’s foreign policy is so muddled and disingenuous that it can’t really be defined as progressive. But it is, without a doubt and by design, anti-American. The roots of Progressivism are anti-American. The heart of the American ideal; Capitalism and individual freedom, are antithetical to Progressivism, and from the time Woodrow Wilson rejected “national interest” as a justification for military action, Progressives have sought to weaken America’s military and moral defenses. When Ronald Reagan reminded us that America is the “Last, best hope of man on earth,” the “Shining city on a hill,” he wasn’t referring simply to our free-market economy or military superiority, he was reminding us that Capitalism and human liberty are the moral tenets that best serve all humankind. Peace through strength is an immutable truth. When America is at its best, when free markets thrive, people are freed from government bondage and the chains of immorality, it is strong, and a strong America made the world a safer, more prosperous, more hopeful place for all. Just a few years of Obama’s insurgent Progressivism have tactically and morally weakened the Armed Forces. America lies exposed to threats that could collapse its fragile economy in a matter of days. And above all, Progressive equivocation on key moral concepts; human rights and the free exercise of conscience and worship, has given Islamic Sharia States, their militant counterparts, and oppressive Socialist regimes, free reign to perpetrate oppression and violence on people throughout the world. Because Obama is a Progressive and the mainstream media are in ideological agreement with 21st Century Progressivism, the destruction resulting from his disastrous laws, impotent foreign policy pronouncements, and moral reversals at every level, is ignored–perhaps condoned. But one thing is true, Progressivism is the enemy freedom and prosperity. And humans yearning to breath free and access the dreams that could be created by their own hands if they had the freedom to do so, find themselves suffocating. That is cruel, that is anti-human.
by Marjorie Haun 9/23/14